Matthew Vandelicht has worked for MBC for 16 years and has been a CPA for the last 10 years. During his professional career he has worked on various individual and business clients. As a CPA , he prides himself on providing knowledge and professionalism to each and every client he meets.
“It has been a dream of mine to become a partner at MBC since day one. It is the culmination of years of hard work and persistence, and I am grateful for the opportunity to help lead such an amazing firm,” Matthew said. “I am excited to work alongside Jodi and to continue the excellent service that MBC has provided the Columbia area for so many years.”
Matthew has been married to Jennifer for 15 years and has twin 11 year old boys Drew and Chase. Jennifer works at an environmental lab in Fayette. Drew and Chase keep us busy with sports, band and other activities. They have a three year old Golden Retriever, Mazy. In his spare time he coaches and travels most weekends depending on what sport is in season.
Matthew grew up in Fayette, Missouri and still calls it home.” I love the small town community. It allowed me to be such a well rounded kid growing up.”
1. What are you most passionate about personally? I am most passionate about coaching my kids in youth sports. Over the past 17 years I have coached baseball, football, basketball and soccer. I love teaching and seeing the growth through the years.
2. What can clients expect when they have a consultation with you? An initial consultation will be a fact finding mission to get to know you as the client. I will listen to your concerns or goals. Together we will determine the best course of action and if MBC will ultimately be a good fit for you as a client.
3. Favorite quote? “The greatest risk is not taking one”
4. Did you have a “back-up”plan or second career to being a CPA? I would probably be a high school teacher/coach. My wife always has said coaching was my calling.
5. First car, first job? First car, 1987 Toyota Tacoma
6. First job? I was a golf course grounds crew in Boonville, MO.
7. What's the most ridiculous fact you know? I have an abundance of sports trivia knowledge.
8. 3 words you’d use to describe yourself? How would your wife Jennifer describe you? Determined, Hard working, competitive. Jennifer would describe me as a person that doesn’t like to fail and gives max effort to whatever I am doing. She says I love to learn new things and that sports are my life.
9. Favorite holiday, vacation? Our family trips to Destin, FL.
10. Bucket list item? Going to The Masters and a World Series game.
11. What is something that you are certain you will never do? Bungee Jump
12. Best thing you like about Columbia? The diversity of the people that I have been able to meet.
13. Worst advice clients get that you’d like to correct? I would tell clients that not all advice is created equal for every client. I would also tell clients that going on extension is ok and that it doesn’t raise red flags or put a spotlight on you with the IRS!
14. What’s your hidden talent? I love to draw